Verathon's video laryngoscope (GlideScope®) incorporates micro-video technology and is effective in dealing with standard and difficult intubation cases. The GlideScope® product group offers a revolutionary approach that provides a cost effective solution to the "airway dilemma" of medium and difficult intubations continually facing Anesthesiologists.
Verathon's GlideScope® enables visual control of the endotracheal tube in its trajectory toward the airway and permits a 50 to 60 degree viewing range. It includes an integrated camera with anti-fogging mechanism and has been designed and developed to make the passage of a breathing tube into the airway during anesthesia safe, reliable and easy. The GlideScope® micro-video technology gives a clear picture on a display monitor of the larynx and vocal cords, and is a significant improvement over the traditional laryngoscope widely used for this purpose.
Cobalt - singlese video laryngoscope
Design based on current GlideScope® GVL®, which achieves a Cormack-Lehane Grade I or Grade II view 99%1 of the time.
The GlideScope has been proven successful in a variety of routine & complex airways. Only a 15mm mouth opening is necessary to introduce the GlideScope; if this is possible, there is a high probability that a good glottic view can be obtained along with successful intubation.
Ideal Applications for the GlideScope video laryngoscope
- Normal or restricted oropharyngeal views
- Cormack-Lehane grades 1-4 laryngeal views
- Airway management in morbidly obese patients
- Supervision and documentation of laryngoscopy
- Nasal tracheal intubation
- Nasogastric and orogastric tube placement
- Insertion of Transesophageal echocardiac probes
- Laryngoscopic foreign body removal
- Visualization and assessment of the oropharynx
- Awake intubation for difficult airway management
- Insertion of double lumen tubes
Optimized for demanding OR, ED and ICU applications, the GlideScope® Cobalt provides a clear view, enabling quick intubation in unpredictable airway conditions.
The combination of a single-use, sterile Cobalt GVL® Stat and reusable video baton is ideal for fast-paced intubation settings. No waiting for disinfection.
Cobalt provides a real-time view of the airway and tube placement.
- Reusable Video Baton Integrated high resolution camera
- Integrated high resolution camera
- Patented anti-fogging mechanism resists lens contamination
- Non-glare color monitor
- GVL® Stat: One-piece GVL® Stat supplied in sterile packaging, ready for use